Tuesday, July 1

Wishing Coralee taught Mothering 101

Something must be said about the parents of a man who has turned out like the one at our house. While spending time and energy on the demands that give even single med students a run for their money, he is also heading up a household of four females whose devotion to him is only surpassed by their gratitude for him. He's not just succeeding at both, he is excelling. Here are just the latest reasons we think our "Man of the House" is excellent.

E- While he was studying from home he let me sleep in so many times, I think I made up for the sleep deprivation from all three babies. He just got up with all three of them, gave the babies their bottles, changed them, and waited til I woke up around 7 or 7:30. Sometimes 8. Okaaay, a couple times 8:30. He never woke me up unless he was going to be late for something.

X- In the rush to get ready Sunday, I missed breakfast. So when we got home from church and put everyone down, I zonked out, too. I came downstairs after thinking in the mirror "Hmm- good eyelash day." He had cleaned the whole downstairs while we were asleep. And then he looked at me closely and asked me if I had started using my new mascara.

C- If I don't know what to make for dinner, he does. And sometimes he makes it, too. And it always tastes good.

E- He can give all three girls a bath. And wash their hair.

L- He's never told me a baby had a stinky diaper. If he notices, it gets changed.

E- While putting Mia to bed, he sings Disney songs per request.

N- He doesn't waste time.

T- We know, without a doubt, that we are the most important part of his life.

6 comments:

Summer said...

This one has been a long time coming. I hope it doesn't embarrass anyone... named.. Zach.

Marsie Pants said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW. Sweet.

NatRat said...

Hey Summer...what a sweet post, it only makes your husband look fabulous, but it is also a great compliment to Cork. I am excited I can keep in touch with you now!

The Garber Family said...

I love seeing my brother be a great dad. I love the one about never saying there's a poopy diaper, just changing it. It makes our method of rock,paper,scissors seem not as cool. Hmmm. Maybe I can accidentally leave that part up on the computer and Matt will stumble over it?

Duncan said...

Does he have any single brothers (of the appropriate age)!

Ally said...

What a lovely post! Such a wonderful tribute to your husband, who sounds like an awesome guy.

I have one of those (an awesome guy), as you know, and I can't imagine life without him. In my wildest dreams, I never thought I'd be blessed with a man so wonderful, so caring, so dedicated, so involved.

Congratulations!! I'm glad you got one of the 'few good men' there seem to be left. ;-)