Sunday, September 28

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you

I've known some pretty ego-centric people.

But you, my dear, take the cake. You take it, and then you complain that it wasn't your favorite flavor.

Surrounded by people. By wisdom that surpasses your own, by experiences beyond your reach, by perspectives you will never see, and you're the one doing the talking. No one can teach you.

No one can love you. Because despite all your talking, you've decided that no one will ever know your every last self-centered thought. No one will ever completely break down your walls. Because you've created a rule for yourself: keep up at least one brick.

And then blame the brick on the person who made the cake.

11 comments:

Summer said...

No- it's not about you. ;D

Sahara said...

where did that come from? It felt quite honest...

Summer said...

Inspired by our conversation last night, actually.

Zicker said...

I think its either Mick Jagger, Donald Duck or James Taylor. You should auction off the answer.

Melissa said...

Hmmm, I'm with Zach -- But, I'm leaning toward Mick Jagger. :D

Unknown said...

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!! ME! ohhhhhhhh *sad voice* I'm vvaaaaaiiiinnnnnnnn *sniff*

Sahara said...

mmm. I liked it. :) I waaaaay understand the holding onto the last brick thing. I have mine locked in a safe with 17 safety locks around it..lol

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Who got your panties in a bunch? haha.
I hope it wasn't me :o)
I love you even though I am quite vain...... I love me too for that matter. hehehe.

Summer said...

My panties are forever bunched. I was born that way- freaked everyone right out. "You see that baby? Born with her undies in a bunch, she was."

Isn't that the craziest thing about the word "you?" You automatically think of yourself when you hear it, even though you know it applies to everybody.

Me said...

Iuhhh, I like the way YOU write---HUMMM! Hope you're feeling better today hahaha!

Ally said...

If this is what I think it's about, I'll just give you credit for putting yourself out there and trying to stand up for what you believe.

I could never speak out the way you do/did. And I know I need to study more, so that I actually CAN be able to do that someday. I'll add it to my list...

If it's NOT about what I think it's about... THEN FORGET EVERYTHING I JUST SAID AND I'M SORRY I'M SO VAIN!!