Friday, July 29

One boy, One year

Amidst our last few turbulent months there was one event more significant and pleasant than others. Kael turned one!


In his first year here, he has won over the hearts of many girls, but none as completely as his sisters...


and, of course his photographer mom who thinks he is the best subject she has ever had...

He's made a best friend...


and been about the happiest baby anyone who has met him has ever known. For instance: I shot this just before putting him to bed tonight after he started rubbing his eyes and yawning and getting his version of cranky.

We celebrated at Chuck-E-Cheese again- the twins' birthday party was there, and Mia wants hers to be there in September... (oh boy.) We had just found and moved into this apartment that morning, (we had thought we'd be moved into a house, but that fell through a couple of weeks before, and thought we'd have a townhouse to rent, but that fell through the week before,) so I didn't have time to find my kitchen and bake the cake I'd been planning. (Pretty much nothing has gone as we planned since about the time we had the twins... so no sweat, right?)

We got him a Cookie Monster Cake at Albertson's.
Cooookie! Oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy.

You sure this is okay, Mom??


"Yes, dear. Blue sugar is a great thing to give a baby. Why don't I throw a plastic knife in for good measure?"

Kael felt SO lucky to have a party at Chuck-E-Cheese... he was just too overwhelmed to show it.


This was the only shot I got of him on his actual birthday. I figured I'd post it since he's wearing the appropriate birthday attire. Those are goggles in the tub there, not... something else. Which something else would have been blue if it were in the picture a few days after the party.
FYI.

6 comments:

Marsie Pants said...

He's so big!! It's like I haven't seen him in a year. :-(

cari said...

Faces don't come any cuter than that. Happy birthday to the little man. Hope things start going more smoothly for you. Welcome back to the west.

Rachelle said...

What a sweetie!!! I seriously cant believe how awesome that cake is! Happy Birthday!!! I cant believe its already been a year!

Leah Southwick said...

How absolutely adorable! I was smiling and laughing the whole time I read your post. He is such a cute baby. Love it.

Rhonda said...

I cannot BELIEVE your baby is a year old already!!! Great pics!!! :)

Maureen said...

Darling boy! Darling family! Loves and hugs--Mom