Monday, November 15

Steal-A-Bear

Well, that's almost what it felt like.

Remember the Build-A-Bear birthday party? Well, we got $40 worth of gift certificates because of the points we got on our Stuff4Stuff card. Then we got e-mailed two coupons for $10 off when you spend $30, because both Zach and I have given them our e-mail addresses. There's also a promotion right now, if you spend $30 you get a free Christmas stocking.

We told the girls to each choose their favorite B.a B. animal and headed out to the store, which was empty, since it's Monday. (Zach has a day off school!!) The first thing they did was fix our ripped Mr. Monkey, and put tags on our animals so they would know they were already paid for.

After choosing what they wanted, we added up the total: $60 even. Anya chose an angel outfit, Bree chose a sparkly pink dress with sunglasses, (Mr. Monkey is now Mrs. Monkey,) and Mia got a new panda bear in a fabulous dress with some matching hairbows. And we each got a free stocking- which was handy, cause Kael needed one. Zach bought half and used his $10 off coupon and $20 worth of gift certificates, I bought the other half and used the same coupons of mine.

The old lady who rang Zach up was already shocked out of her mind just ringing up half of it, and asked if we had a birthday party there as she begrudgingly took the coupons from him. When I asked if we could choose two different colors of stockings, she tried to tell my cashier that Zach had already gotten one, so that was it. She didn't realize I was doing the same thing!

No Christmas experience is complete without Scrooge. It was a glorious day. :)


4 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I LOVE scores like that! Sa-WEET!
(Now look who's the over achiever... lol!!)

Marsie Pants said...

That was awesome. I was thinking that it was also way nice of you to let the girls choose everything. If it was me, that would have been Abby's Christmas right there because I'm way too cheap to actually spend money on her. I also liked that the cashier was mad. Makes it even better!

The Waits Gate said...

Woot! Woot! Sounds like a fun day out!

Rachelle said...

That is awesome! Oh, I totally saw your picture you submitted for the bump of the month in the parents magazine...I was like 'hey, I know them!' so fun!